Tomato plant leaves curling up

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
There is one last thing that is bothering me about my plants. I don't know why, but the leaves on a few of my tomato plants are curling up. I would like to know why they are curling up like this and if I should do anything about it.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
There is one last thing that is bothering me about my plants. I don't know why, but the leaves on a few of my tomato plants are curling up. I would like to know why they are curling up like this and if I should do anything about it.View attachment 23112 View attachment 23113
I have this same thing happen too. I grow a few different varieties of tomatoes and in side by side comparisons some curl up and others don't. I am convinced it is a weather/climate issue. Mosttimes the plant will grow out of it but in any case it doesn't seem to affect production.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Ok, that makes a lot of sense. It has been in the 80s during the days and lower 60s to upper 50s during the nights here, which is probably the weather issue. The plants are also getting around 9 hours of sunlight, so that might be part of it too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3a
Country
Canada
I find curling growth tips to be a sign that I'm right on target with fertilizing. Curling plus yellowing is a sign that it's a bit over on nitrogen . Also find that some strains curl more then others.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine got curly here in the last couple of weeks. It was really hot and dry. After a couple days of rain many of the leaves have flattened back out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
It definitely could be either a lot of nitrogen or just really hot weather. It's been a very warm summer here this year, and I also planted both of these plants with a good amount of fertilizer.

Ask a Question