Tomato plant leaves curled

Reaction score
Hi,
My tomato plants have been doing great this year, up until just recently that I've noticing some of the leaves starting to curl.
Anyone know why this might be happening? I don't see any bugs on it, so I'm not sure what is going on.

Attachments

• tomato.jpg
    tomato.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 413

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has it been really hot lately? If so you would need to water the plants more than you have been watering in the past to make up for the heat.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi,
My tomato plants have been doing great this year, up until just recently that I've noticing some of the leaves starting to curl.
Anyone know why this might be happening? I don't see any bugs on it, so I'm not sure what is going on.
That is what looks like a large humidity and/or temperature change. Usually it is not so much temp changes but humidity. The plant looks good and I wouldn't worry. Keep on what you are doing as I am quite sure the plant will grow out of it. If the leaves start yellowing and the leaf edges turn brown that is another story.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, actually the temp has changed some over the past few days.
It went from the 70's to high 80's for a few days, now it's in the high 70's but it's very muggy out.

Glad to hear the plants are probably OK.

thanks for your help

Reaction score
I would say that they may just need more water. Mine have been doing that lately also and after I heavily watered them overnight they bounced back and look awesome again.

Reaction score
Mine are doing the same, I believe it is from the heat. It was really cool and then we got a huge heat wave that lasted a week of 90 plus temperatures, I think that is the way of the plant protecting itself from the heat.

Ask a Question