To Screen or Not to Screen ?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just building our first greenhouse and 95% complete ...wondering about bug screens over all the windows. Do most people with greenhouses have bug screens to keep out moths and mosquitoes, etc... or leaves them wide open for the pollinators and just spray the plants after the fact ? We will start seeds and have young plants in here and extend the season so I plan on having veggies in here year round if I can keep the temps in check.

This is a "all old window" style greenhouse so lots of windows (21 that open) see pic. The small hole above the window I will permanently close up with 2x4 to seal that up. It will get HOT in the summer and mild winters in SC.

Attachments

• WindowsWeb.jpg
    WindowsWeb.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Country
United States
Either way I have seen them with screens and without.

Yes insects will pollinate but Pollen will also blow in the air with Fans.

Rethinking this I can Garden outside most the year. I'm planning on raising some in the Greenhouse in coldest part of the Winter but many ideas come February.

Too late now Rethinking this because have the Greenhouse but will make it work.

South Carolina! Year ago I was in North Carolina found it a bit warmer than here in Missouri but was in Southern Louisiana in March they was two months ahead of us in weather.

big rockpile

Ask a Question