This year I am givng away bird feeders for Christmas!

Reaction score
Country
United States
The weathermen in the U.S. all predict lots of precipitation this winter, courtesy of El Nino.

Blast it.
Ohhhhhhhh god no.
Luckily, we only had a dusting of snow and then it was gone pretty much the next morning.
I am safe for now.

Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhh god no.
Luckily, we only had a dusting of snow and then it was gone pretty much the next morning.
I am safe for now.
But *I* am not safe today!

Last night we got freezing rain, and then we got an inch of snow on top of the ice! Fortunately I finished what I had to do in town yesterday just as the rain was starting, and I can stay home today. So, I get to stay inside while the weather is bad! Yay, ME!

(When I was still working as a nurse we went in to work no matter how bad the weather was. Staying inside today is a true luxury)

Reaction score
Country
United States
But *I* am not safe today!

Last night we got freezing rain, and then we got an inch of snow on top of the ice! Fortunately I finished what I had to do in town yesterday just as the rain was starting, and I can stay home today. So, I get to stay inside while the weather is bad! Yay, ME!

(When I was still working as a nurse we went in to work no matter how bad the weather was. Staying inside today is a true luxury)
Oh god. I know that feeling. And I spoke too song. We're supposed to get three feet of snow here over the weekend, and I am most definitely not looking forward to it. I'm glad you were able to stay safe and sound inside, though. I haven't worked as a nurse, but in one of the sales positions I had once, we usually had to go in anyway and they would shut us down later. I remember one day it had grown so bad by the time I got out of work that it took me 30 minutes just to leave the parking lot safely just because although there were no other cars, my car is TERRIBLE in weather, and kept sliding across the ice that had formed. I started calling out for snow after that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
that is a cute idea. and even though this thread is almost 2 1/2 years old, which I know certain people are now deflated that they can't comment on this as I just did. I still think this idea is a great idea for a gift. as one gets older we are so surrounded by too much stuff, I know I am , so this is a cute idea.

Ask a Question