They say it come's in three's

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

Three months ago my farther in_law slipped on a light frosty morn while he was trying to open his driveway gate,
He lay on the cold concrete floor for ages, It was only thanks to his neighbour returning from getting his daily paper that he was heard and help arrived,
He went to hospital and they found he'd shattered his hip, at 94yrs you dont need this sort of thing,
He has had cancer for a couple of years "but" with treatment he was made more or less ok,

He's not been allowed any visitors thanks to this virus, and then it was decided he was to go to an care home until he's stronger,
Both he and my late mother -law we're nurses all their working life,

My sister in-law lives 5 mins walk away and has looked after him for a long time and we're all trying to keep our chins up,
He died the other day,

Today we found out the sister in -law started walking with a limp, her husband took her to the doctors and told the doctor about this dragging one leg and she was talking in a strange way,
She was taken to hospital and scanned, "Brain tumour" again no visitors (even her husband can't see her,)
Ive spent most of the day just sitting in the garden and trying to make things better for the wife,
Its strange really one of our dogs just wont leave her side, its as if he knows somethings not right,

I was told as a child growing up, big boys dont cry, "And its true"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am so sad for you and your wife. I'm sorry for all you've been going through and am glad you have the garden to offer some peace and solace, and if nothing else, distraction. The world is a hard place right now – hang in there.

::hugs::

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I totally understand your sadness. We are going through a tough time to and if not for the garden I doubt I could cope. Just try to remember bad times don't last forever. It is OKAY for big boys (and men) to cry!!

P

Peace perfect peace

I am so sad for you and your wife. I'm sorry for all you've been going through and am glad you have the garden to offer some peace and solace, and if nothing else, distraction. The world is a hard place right now – hang in there.

::hugs::
Hi
And thanks "your feeling are the same as mine ref the garden"
Its that trying to Do & say the right thing and putting my own feelings to one side "But doing the man thing and helping my wife try to cope,
After all it was her Dad, but me and him could talk about all sorts of things,

We had some real laughs ref some of the things that happend at his work place, "He was a staff nurse" in a hospital for the people who had
mental problems,
Even some of his co-workers got things wrong and paid the price,
"Sun" I'll have to put one or two of the daft things that happend to him and his co-workers on here a little later on, You'll see what i mean when i say its not just going to work that counts or the big or small wages earned It's the time spent and the days up's and downs and those (I told you) days when not always your rank knows better, Those what have you done good today days?
Once again Sun, Thanks and you also must keep hangin on,:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nbryant1

Latest Threads