The making of a good neighbour.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
In this case I don't think it can happen. But the old saying is a good fence makes good neighbours.
We were able to buy this 10 acre vacant field between our home property and the neighbour to the south a couple years ago.

No boundary markers survived from when the property may have been surveyed years ago. IOur first order of bussiness was to have a survey done.
That alone turned out to be a chore, you would think as I did a company that does that kind of work in the county full of 10 acre plots could give a simple estmante but no one local would.

We went to a county to our south and we sat down right then and there with a very reliably respected survey company owner. We were given an estmate and what we would get for our money and a time frame of when it could be done. He explained they were a couple months behind and said we should expect them at Thanksgiving week 2018.

Thanks giving week came and went and still no survey was done. a call was made and we were told second week of December remember we are behind.
This time they showed up and did the survey stakeing every so many feet.
But the did the wrong property our presant place not the new property. again a call was made and they made it good the next day.

We had already bought some fenceing supplys wanting to seprate their horses from my dogs better than a fancy board fence.

We drive steel T post till it froze up in January.

HajPJ03.jpg

A corner of the board fence turned out to be a bit on our property.

XTKO88O.jpg

Some areas large trees and brushg had to be cleared.

Al

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
We had the first two rolls of wire up By ther first of june seprateing rhe horses from my dogs by the 1st of june.

Finally I had saved enough money to buy the last two rolls of wire required to finish the job.
Got that yesterday and will finish the install as soon as I clear hand mow some weeds includeing posin Ivy.

Al

Ask a Question