Temperature

Reaction score
Country
United States
It was 100F yesterday I turned my Fans on in the Greenhouse.

Went out and checked it. 116F and 25% humidity. I'm thinking not the best but doable.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I find at my age that hot muggy days are the ones when it's best to laze about in the shade, and rest up. We have to have some time to watch the grass grow and plan the jobs to tackle when it cools down a bit.
We have a few hot days too at the moment - it must be midsummer :giggle: Have a rest!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We've had big problems this spring due to abnormally hot weather.
We :

made the window at the other end of the polytunnel bigger.
covered with shade cloth
suspended a silver reflective sheet from the roof of the polytunel - this stops the mid-day sun on the very hottest days.
regularly misting with water
spraying the floor with water
using a fan to increase airflow through the tunnel.

The weather has cooled here now, but the above measures did work during the very hot weather. Plants all came through it unscathed.

We're not as hot as you though.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I find at my age that hot muggy days are the ones when it's best to laze about in the shade, and rest up. We have to have some time to watch the grass grow and plan the jobs to tackle when it cools down a bit.
We have a few hot days too at the moment - it must be midsummer :giggle: Have a rest!
Well it got interesting here yesterday.

I spent bulk of the day watering. Later I went to close the Chickens up. Got about half way around the house. Today I heard the full story. Anyway I couldn't figure why my Legs were hurting so bad.

I passed out and came straight down on my Legs. Then it gets interesting.

He gets there freaking him out because I was having some kind of seizure. Well they got me in a chair. Covered me with wet towels.

So until I take my last breath. My every movement I make will be heavily monitored.

big rockpile

Ask a Question