Suffering aroids

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Hi fellows, so I have a bunch of severely neglected aroids (mostly monsteras & philodendrons) & their leaves are damaged/scorched from direct sun/heat. May I know how I can rectify & beautify the situation? I was thinking of trimming away ALL the leaves (since the scorched leaves can't photosynthesis any way) but am unclear about exactly where (along the "stalk") to cut away the leaves (I'd searched online & the videos mostly teach how to propagate, i.e. remove a leaf stalk right below its aerial root). My focus is actually not to propagate but rectify the mother plants.

On the other hand, If it's more fruitful to directly propagate a new specimen & abandon the mother plant (due to the severity of their situation), do let me know also.

NigelJ

Still Learning
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would move out of direct sunlight. Remove the most damaged leaves at the main stem. Then hope that new shoots appear.

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I would move out of direct sunlight. Remove the most damaged leaves at the main stem. Then hope that new shoots appear.

Hi, when you say remove “...at the main stem”, do you mean make a clean cut at the red lines (see attached), or gently (but steadily) pull each stalk off?

Attachments

• D0A888A0-9F7F-4649-83B5-5D3747FBB998.jpeg
    D0A888A0-9F7F-4649-83B5-5D3747FBB998.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 320

Ask a Question