Strawberry plant has something growing on it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am completely new to growing anything and have an indoor strawberry plant that seems to have what appears to be some very small brown eggs growing on the underside of the leaves and on the stem of the plant. I'm not sure if the small black flies are the result of the eggs or they just like the plant...

I've attached a photo.

Could someone help me identify what this is and how to treat it please?

Much appreciated.

Attachments

• strawberryplant.jpg
    strawberryplant.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 131
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi,
I am completely new to growing anything and have an indoor strawberry plant that seems to have what appears to be some very small brown eggs growing on the underside of the leaves and on the stem of the plant. I'm not sure if the small black flies are the result of the eggs or they just like the plant...

I've attached a photo.

Could someone help me identify what this is and how to treat it please?

Much appreciated.
Are these spots spheres or are they flat? Do they rub off of the plant or smear when you rub them. On the top side of the leaf is there anything showing that would make you think that there is something on the bottom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi thanks for coming back to me.
They are spheres (they're not flat), my best guess is that they look like little eggs. There is nothing on the top side of the leaf that I can see.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi thanks for coming back to me.
They are spheres (they're not flat), my best guess is that they look like little eggs. There is nothing on the top side of the leaf that I can see.
The reason I asked the questions was to determine if what you have is fungal or insect related. If they are spheres it is not fungal and probably not scale. It is some type of insect egg. The remedy is to spray the entire plant with Neem Oil as per mixing directions. The Neem will coat the eggs and smother them, plus it will get rid of those unknown little fly looking insects.

Ask a Question