Stem Cuttings

Reaction score
Country
United States
What are some plants that you've grown from cuttings?
One of the first plants I've grown from stem cuttings was a hibiscus plant, it was huge so I cut off a bunch of stems into almost twelve plants and replanted them. They bloomed and became taller than me by the end of summer. I've also done this to a peach plant, though it died the first winter snow because it came early. I've also had great luck with a succulents. How about you?

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
houseplants: spider plant, lucky bamboo, dracaena, aarow plant, begonias, burro's tail, philodendron, pothos, hoya

Outdoor plants: Roses, forsythia, begonias, brugmansia, 4 o clocks, ice plant, sedums of all sorts,

I'm sure there are more...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Speaking of succulents, the dragon fruit is my best bet for cuttings as the planting material. It is very easy to grow as long as you give it enough water. We sometimes get cuttings as per the request of friends that we place under a tree for shade so as not to be fully exposed to the sun. Take note, we just place it on the ground while waiting for the friend to pick it up. And when the friend takes time to come for the cutting, well, the cutting had already developed a new branch.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
House plants I have just cut off a piece and stuck it into another pot with no problems, a wandering jew and my golden pothus.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I usually don't grow crops from cuttings due to the fact that seeds and seedlings are readily available. However, I find it expedient to grow cuttings when planting a fence due to the fact that it takes a shorter period of time for them to mature and close the gaps. I intend to venture into growing rooted cuttings using the process of layering in order to grow plants which take long to grow from seeds and their cuttings don't grow through normal cuttings.

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I have grown flowers as well as fruit trees from stem cutting. I have grown rose and hibiscus from stem cutting. I have also grown mango, lychee, pears and stem cutting. Fruits grown from stem cutting begins to bear fruits in couple of years

Ask a Question