rose cuttings ..getting first leaves..

Reaction score
Country
Malta
i have a little internal yard..no sun and just shade i got some mature cuttings potted there..do roses will bloom here? also in the other big yard i have also an other 2 mature cuttings in pots few sun but not many and already one is getting small little leaves do will these be ok? any advice pls??

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I think that they'll be alright, roses do well in shade as well. I'd leave the cuttings until you can see roots coming out of the bottom.

Reaction score
Country
Malta
I think that they'll be alright, roses do well in shade as well. I'd leave the cuttings until you can see roots coming out of the bottom.
to have an idea i sent the photo of my internal yard..also im watering them once every wekk...is this ok? and will still bloom with this shaded place pl;s??

Attachments

• camellias internal yard.jpg
    camellias internal yard.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 63
Reaction score
Country
Malta
thanks my friend!!!! suberb info!!! my cuttings are a bit long!! and small leaves are coming out..do you think i can cut them short or its ok??

Reaction score
Country
Malta
also how long will take to probogate?? they are not covered and its been a month i potted them..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
ThatUOTE="brian agius, post: 203811, member: 13019"]
thanks my friend!!!! suberb info!!! my cuttings are a bit long!! and small leaves are coming out..do you think i can cut them short or its ok??
[/QUOTE]
That's ok anytime. No i wouldn't cut the leaves off if they're growing.
The watering it all depends on the temperature where you live, if it's cold be careful on the watering, wait until the pots dry out a bit then water until it runs out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Brian. I used to live in Sliema many years ago, and summer is very hot. Your plants should do well in shade as long as they have daylight. The picture of your Camellia plants is very small, but they look healthy!!
I wish you luck with your rose cuttings. (y)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
yes i saw it..but it does not tell about the longness of cuttings etc..also i didnt cover them..
Just wait until the roots come out of the bottom of the pot and you can still cover them with a clear plastic bottle. Can you put a picture up and can you make it large because can't see the small pics very well.

Ask a Question