Properly Protecting a Garden from Storms

Reaction score
Country
United States
Every spring and summer, I worry about my garden getting damaged from severe thunderstorms. I don't really have a decent method of protecting my plants from the harsh winds and rain. The best I've been able to work up is a little lean-to like structure that connects to my greenhouse since it's right next to my garden. I use a small tarp and tie one end to the garden and the other to the roof of the greenhouse. It's an alright solution but wind still plows through and one really bad storm might undo it.

Does anyone have any really good methods of protecting their plants in a storm?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
When there is a storm, the only thing we can do is to put a net to somehow protect the vegetables. Especially fragile vegetables like lettuce, it needs to be protected from the heavy rains. But when there is a typhoon, we do not bother to put some protection and just let nature do its course. Even trees are not spared by the typhoon so we have come to terms with that.

Ask a Question