Preventing people from parking on my lawn

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like, from the OP's picture, that the car is not parked on the lawn, but rather what's referred to as a property easement; laws regarding easements vary. You might want to look up the local ordinances in your area before you decide on how to deter parking.

This is probably good advice.

However "me being me" I often take the view that, "If you ask someone if you can do something they'll tell you No!. But if you go ahead and do it, few would say you shouldn't have done it. Or do anything about it."

Think about France and EU rules, for them, "they often only fit where they touch."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It looks like, from the OP's picture, that the car is not parked on the lawn, but rather what's referred to as a property easement; laws regarding easements vary. You might want to look up the local ordinances in your area before you decide on how to deter parking.
What he said.........Question, too.....is the property easement (right of way, which in Alabama is a "public access" area under the "control" of county or city), actually your property?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
All those questions seem to be of relevance but having a tree at either end (as there appears to be) seems to negate any restrictions being in force. Even if there are restrictions in order to keep 'right of way' then placing some stones there (approx. 1ft in each dimension) would not be an obstruction if emergency vehicular access was required. They are easily moved.

Ask a Question