Pink Diamond Hydrangea

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have 3 beautiful (tree form) Pink Diamond Hydrangea, I've been pruning in early Spring, I'm wondering if I should continue to prune in Spring or is it best to prune in the Fall?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yes I do know, I only like the Pink D. in tree form, the ther ones never really interested me!
Thank you for your reply!:)

Logan L. Johnson

Caldwell Home & Garden
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
NC Zone 7A
Country
United States
To be clear, what type of hydrangea? The deciduous shrubs or the die-back perennials? These are not "formal" plants. It is typically best to prune in spring, because the new growth has time to harden off preventing any winter die-back.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
To be clear, what type of hydrangea? The deciduous shrubs or the die-back perennials? These are not "formal" plants. It is typically best to prune in spring, because the new growth has time to harden off preventing any winter die-back.
They are miniature trees that drop the leaves, an keep the trunk, like other trees.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I have 3 beautiful (tree form) Pink Diamond Hydrangea, I've been pruning in early Spring, I'm wondering if I should continue to prune in Spring or is it best to prune in the Fall?
As i am not familiar with Pink Diamond Hydrangea is it possible to post a photo as it sounds lovely please Gemma :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The Pink Diamond actually blooms white! ...only when the blooms start to die off, they turn pink!
in the first pic you can see the beginning of the pinkish and then I took pics of my newest plant right now , but you should see them when they first blooms, they are the whitest bloom in my yard, a very nice contrast with the evergreen background, it's awesome!
DSC01454.JPG 20160922_130453 (2).jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
have 13 hydrangeas, so I cover every type there is.
When my first PH bloomed I was so disappointed, I called the store to complain cause it was white instead of "pink" like the name on the tag suggested! The lady was very nice and patient (she probably hadled same complaint from other people), sheexplained to me that the pink would come later, but while I was waiting for the bloom to mature(die) and change color, I realized how much I actually liked the white!
I will take pics next year when it's in full bloom! I would love to see others!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
The Pink Diamond actually blooms white! ...only when the blooms start to die off, they turn pink!
in the first pic you can see the beginning of the pinkish and then I took pics of my newest plant right now , but you should see them when they first blooms, they are the whitest bloom in my yard, a very nice contrast with the evergreen background, it's awesome!
View attachment 15242 View attachment 15244
Thanks Gemma. Really lovely. I only have bush type hydrangeas and now I really would love one of these tree style Pink Diamonds. Another plant to add to my list of Must Haves.;)

Ask a Question