Pest control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody Recommend how to stop things eating my veg. I have done my best to net them and use neem oil spray once a week. I have also tried a few things I have seen online like vinegar and water mix however this spray did not agree with the plants. I also have to be careful as I have young kids and dogs. Any help would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you know what pests you’re dealing with are? You can plant companion flowers that repel certain bugs, as well as plant trap crops (like radishes) to attract certain bugs away from your main crop.

Other flowers will attract predators to the bugs you don’t want.

As for neem - are you using a cold press concentrate or a premixed bottle? Premix bottles aren’t very effective from what I’ve read, and as long as pets and children stay away from the wet cold press neem spray, there should be little to no worry about contact.

Just be sure to spray a small section with any new solutions you try so you know if your plants will like it or not - better to lose a few plants than your entire garden.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I agree with Yellowthumbs, knowing the pest to use the proper control is very important. For example I use beer for slugs and DE for pests with an exoskeleton like cucumber beetles. Both safe and organic and very effective but not all all effective vise versa.

Ask a Question