Peach tree blooming?

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I've grown Sam Houston (not my favorite, very buggy here), June Gold (much better) and this year have planted the Floridaprince ( a low chill variety) .

I just don't spray 'em, period. I use some hand bug removal methods but mostly just don't worry about it...and we have plenty to share with neighbors and B&B. That's one of the beauties of gardening...many ways to skin the cat.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Don't worry. The blooms and baby peaches will soon be gone. It's gonna freeze again and you will have to wait until next year for them. Not to worry, you will have lots of leaves shortly.

Thank you for cheering our forumers up! Or waking them up! LOL!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Labor intensive if you choose...or I guess commercial. I never spray mine, never. About the only thing I do is prune for open centers and mulch with old hay.

The birds get some and yes the bugs get a few, but hey we enjoy what we get and hope the B&B do also.

I had a cherry tree the fruits of which were kissed in the bottom and split into a cross and I never really wanted to eat them. I should have used a grease band instead of felling the whole tree. Sometimes, organic spray helps. I wish I had learned about it before I fell my tree.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Don't worry. The blooms and baby peaches will soon be gone. It's gonna freeze again and you will have to wait until next year for them. Not to worry, you will have lots of leaves shortly.

Hmm well I dunno it’s South Carolina.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well aren’t you a Debbie downer. Lol
If anyone should be depressed it's me. I have 22 trees and 17 are in full bloom and the other 5 are in full bud. I doubt if I will see a peach this year. Plus I am almost 72 years old and don't have all that many "peachy" years left.:depressed:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
If anyone should be depressed it's me. I have 22 trees and 17 are in full bloom and the other 5 are in full bud. I doubt if I will see a peach this year. Plus I am almost 72 years old and don't have all that many "peachy" years left.:depressed:

I’m sorry :( that is bad. Well sometimes the weather channel can be dramatic let’s hope that’s the case.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I’m sorry :( that is bad. Well sometimes the weather channel can be dramatic let’s hope that’s the case.
It's just part of the game of gardening. Nothing to really get upset about. I am sure it will happen again before I head off to the Orchard In The Sky.:devil:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
It's just part of the game of gardening. Nothing to really get upset about. I am sure it will happen again before I head off to the Orchard In The Sky.:devil:

Well maybe the one in the sky is full at the moment or for awhile for you. Yeah I guess I’m getting too worked up already, this is my second year of gardening. First was success but it was with easy tomatoes ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well maybe the one in the sky is full at the moment or for awhile for you. Yeah I guess I’m getting too worked up already, this is my second year of gardening. First was success but it was with easy tomatoes ..
There is a lot that can go wrong with growing tomatoes most of which the gardener is at fault. First year success is unusual. But we can't do a thing about the weather

Ask a Question