Nicknames

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
These recently have been under attack from the snowflake faction, for being disrespectful and it can hurt someone's feelings.
Talking to a golfing pal on Friday, who is a retired master sergeant in a tank regiment, he recalled two incidents that we found amusing.
Historically, soldiers have always had nicknames. One of his crew members was a bit "overt," and was known as "Fruit."
He was an important member of the team as he dealt with all the computer systems in tanks these days and was well liked.
A private came to my friend and said.
"We've got a problem with the rangefinder in this tank, should I ask Fruit to look at it?"

"What did you call him?"

"Err.. Fruit, that's what you call him."

"Well you can't call him that, he's Corporal Fruit to you!"

When he was serving in the Falklands, the troops noticed that most of the islanders wore "Benny hats" like the character in Crossroads on TV.
So they started referring to them as "Bennys." This wasn't being disrespectful as the islanders welcomed the troops.

This name got to the Colonel, so an order was issued that on no account were the islanders to be referred to as "Bennys" as this was disrepectful and would result in any offenders being put on a charge. The practice stopped immediately.

So the troops started referring to them as "Stills."

As they were still "Bennys."

P

Peace perfect peace

We had a new commanding officer and on his first monday morning inspection he stood looking at us and said,
I am Andrew , Richard Shole,
He was always known by his nick name arshole

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robert a

Latest Threads