New to gardening

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to the site and the wonderful world of gardening!
How big a space do you have to work with?
Do you know what your climate zone is? That will help you figure out what will grow easiest for you.
Are you more into veggies, ornamentals, houseplants, fruit trees?
Tell us something about your interests and we’ll bore you to tears with information. :p

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I have been gardening for a few years but on a very small scale. I grew tomatoes in containers and peppers.
Howdy.

Scaling up really isn't that difficult...especially if you have and use the right equipment. Over time, proper soil building will significantly reduce the amount of time and effort required to produce ever increasing crops.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the site and the wonderful world of gardening!
How big a space do you have to work with?
Do you know what your climate zone is? That will help you figure out what will grow easiest for you.
Are you more into veggies, ornamentals, houseplants, fruit trees?
Tell us something about your interests and we’ll bore you to tears with information. :p
I am in zone 7 and my garden is about 10x20. I really enjoy growing vegetables and melons. I had a huge problem last year with weeds. So I tried the mulched leaves last fall. I have about 5 inches left on the entire garden. I currently live in Pa about 20 miles south of the Md line

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The leaves will REALLY help with weed control! Add more compost or shredded tree trimmings on top to help keep them down. I’m not that much into growing veggies, but a lot of others are. They’ll be along to help.

Happy gardening!

Ask a Question