New from Virginia

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone, we are trying to get a handle on our landscaping/yard in Northern Virginia outside of D.C. Looking to use as many native plants as possible and we are total beginners! I will post some initial questions in the specific threads, but happy to be here and hoping to get some great advice.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Jackie, and let's hope between us we might be able to lend a hand here and there with a bit of advice and help. Looking forward to a photo or two. The native plants idea put you straight onto a win win basis - good thinking!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, welcome to the forum, I am afraid I don't know about native American plants, though I know an awful lot of plants come from elsewhere originally, tomatoes and potatoes for a start. The one I really like is the strawberry. Some version of the strawberry seems to grow everywhere, there are a lot of them. Nowadays there are a lot of new hybrids but the traditional one came from France in the seventeenth century, not a hybrid of French strawberries, but an accidental one of one that grew in Southern America in costal scrub and another that came from open woodland in Pennsylvania.

Ask a Question