My leopard Gecko blaze died in september

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Well as most members know I had a Super hypo tangerine carrot tail leopard Gecko (Female) called Blaze.

I woke up in early September to go and clean her tank besides fresh water and found her under her shell dead :cry: I took her to where I brought her locusts from as they have rescued reptiles there also and the chap said a parasite had killed her from her food the Locusts and he said the parasites only get into the locusts to what food they're fed on and the parasites can take a while to kill on a slow death or not long.

I'd not long changed her tank and to be truthfully honest I was totally shocked, she was active and devouring 5-6 locusts nightly, treated with calcium substrate besides vitamin substrate...no more pets now that's totally done it for me losing my staff 2yrs ago and now blaze...I only had her out with me in the summer relaxing.

blaze 2.JPG

SDC15962.JPG

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
She's cute;). Very sad for your loss! :(:inpain::cry:
Yes she was cute and a lovely colour, it did shock me though with how she was cared for and the chap I spoke with he had two there 6wks old and gecko's that young are prone to infections etc but when I got home and read about the parasites, they can breed in the tanks without you seeing them, so what new sand I had my hubby took to the charity shop and I could have sold the tank but instead had my hubby smash it up as i'm funny like that, you can see from the pic below how clean her tank was :(

20180523_124216.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, a bit of vinegar or bleach and you really should have sold your tank. I sold my fish tank for £15 to a terrible couple with their baby about 8 months at the back of the car, next to big amplifiers and of course, their fag smoke inside the car. Imagine what torment the toddler endured from these two ignorami!

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, a bit of vinegar or bleach and you really should have sold your tank. I sold my fish tank for £15 to a terrible couple with their baby about 8 months at the back of the car, next to big amplifiers and of course, their fag smoke inside the car. Imagine what torment the toddler endured from these two ignorami!
alp you would think vinegar and bleach would do it as I was considering selling it as it was large for 4-5 lizards but apparently they're hard to move once inside the tank and you can' see them and I wasn't going to sell it in case it infected someone elses lizards.

I don't know how that kid was breathing plus the ears being affected...some just don't care and if the car was in that state imagine the home your fish tank was entering.
This is so sad. I am very sorry..
Thanks waretrop, i'm having no more pets now blaze going like that as done it for me.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ask the pet shop for advice, Gail! I don't even keep pets. LOL! I have used vinegar to clean my toilet bowl and it has worked a treat. Much better than parazone which corroded my sink taps.

Gail, I think these two parents are buying it either for lizards or snakes! Not fish! LOL!

Put in an advert with lovely photos and it will go in no time. Don't give it away or smash it.

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Put in an advert with lovely photos and it will go in no time. Don't give it away or smash it
It's to late alp..I've got OCD cleaning disorder and when I found out about the parasite then reading further then had hubby read what was mentioned about it being hard to remove them, as he was on the same thought as yourself to sell it and all it contained besides new sand...I told him no, the items was throwed...sand went to charity shop and the same day late in the afternoon tank was destroyed. :rolleyes:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
That was the impression I had that your hubs smashed it. Don't worry. Next time, sell it. What a shame! Listen to your hubs - all you need to do is ask the buyer to cleanse it thoroughly! Tell the truth ..

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
That was the impression I had that your hubs smashed it. Don't worry. Next time, sell it. What a shame! Listen to your hubs - all you need to do is ask the buyer to cleanse it thoroughly! Tell the truth ..
I could have told any buyer the truth but they wouldn't have brought it..lizards can be a touchy reptile, I paid £20 to have her nails clipped :ROFLMAO: just because she wouldn't let my hubby hold her...I would have got £50 - 60 easily it cost me £270 for the tank that was before the rest.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I paid £20 to have her nails clipped :ROFLMAO: just because she wouldn't let my hubby hold her...I would have got £50 - 60 easily it cost me £270 for the tank that was before the rest.

How the others live! £20 to have her nails clipped - same price as lady's nail service?? I have no idea. I like to cut my own nails short. Whatever tickles your fancy! People will buy a nice clean tank for various reasons. That's why so many people go to bootsales and go home with something you wouldn't give another look in shops. Should have talked to us before letting your hubs smashing it up! And it was such a lovely clean tank with lovely paraphernalia. Hope you sell it on gumtree. I sold my aquarium heater for £10 and it was very old.

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
How the others live! £20 to have her nails clipped - same price as lady's nail service?? I have no idea. I like to cut my own nails short. Whatever tickles your fancy! People will buy a nice clean tank for various reasons. That's why so many people go to bootsales and go home with something you wouldn't give another look in shops. Should have talked to us before letting your hubs smashing it up! And it was such a lovely clean tank with lovely paraphernalia. Hope you sell it on gumtree. I sold my aquarium heater for £10 and it was very old.
Well try cutting a lizards nails who have curled under and she wriggling like mad :ROFLMAO: so I took her to a reptile vet, mind you your right it only cost £20 here for a full manicure and false nails :whistle:
Well it's to late now it's gone and the only other thing I've ever sold on line is a canopy sunbed that was soon snatched up...car boots are great though for bargains, it's be ages since I've been to one.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well try cutting a lizards nails who have curled under and she wriggling like mad :ROFLMAO: so I took her to a reptile vet, mind you your right it only cost £20 here for a full manicure and false nails :whistle:
Well it's to late now it's gone and the only other thing I've ever sold on line is a canopy sunbed that was soon snatched up...car boots are great though for bargains, it's be ages since I've been to one.

So glad you're here! Off to watch my crime stories now! I'll be schtumm for an incredibly long time! LOL!

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
So glad you're here! Off to watch my crime stories now! I'll be schtumm for an incredibly long time! LOL!
Thanks mate :love:...i'm off to read so relaxing at night till it makes my eyes sore :mad:...ENJOY

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobGardener

Latest Threads