My daughter phoned

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter started getting into gardening last year when she moved into a flat with a garden. It is small and decked over most of it, but she has containers and has made a compost bin and a raised bed, grew some good tomatoes last year. Anyway,, she phoned to tell me it had started a conversation with her friend who told her that her parents 'Couldn't cope now they are in their fifties and are getting someone in to do it for them'. She said she couldn't stop laughing, I am seventy seven now, I have Wegeners, a very severe form of vasculitis, and I lost an eye a little while ago. The garden was in a state when we moved here a couple of years ago, getting it under control now. I have built two raised beds and converted quite an area of rough grass to arable, still got to cope with the pond and put in some drainage at one point, but the lawn has lost its moss and its bare spots.

Ask a Question