Look Who is Eating My Tomatoes Plant

InvasiveCreeper

Wild Garden and Native Plant Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Make a garlic and cayenne pepper solution. Be sure to spray under the leaves as well. If you need more details send me a message. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Make a garlic and cayenne pepper solution. Be sure to spray under the leaves as well. If you need more details send me a message. :)

I have used the cayenne pepper method to get rid of bugs and it really does work. I used it around the door frame of my front entrance because we were having a big issue with ants. Once I put the pepper out, the ants disappeared. I have heard that it also works just as good as when you do it in the garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
I would pick it off and relocate it somewhere else. Looks like a very cool catepillar that will turn into a a beautiful butterfly. Don't swish it.

InvasiveCreeper

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Purplepen, I agree.

Sometimes that is all it takes. :)

People often worry over pests in the garden. It's normal. You just want to keep it all balanced. :)

InvasiveCreeper

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just for those who don't know, the garlic and cayenne pepper solution won't harm the caterpillars, just deter them from munching on those plants. It's not even necessary though unless you are having a really big issue.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Oh no, please don't scare the wild bunnies with that. I can only imagine how sad their faces would be if they came across cayenne pepper in their hunt for food. Poor little darlings!:love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
It comes down to my vegetable garden or the bunnies. I'll choose my garden every time. I am not going to hurt them, but I have to keep them away.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hurry. Join now in the effort to save the Tsetse fly, the Anopheles mosquito and the Rocky Mountain tick. Every insect or caterpillar or weevil or rodent deserves a long and happy life no matter what damages they incur

Ask a Question