Logging

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Every month or so, thousands of logs gets confiscated in provinces because they are illegally harvested from the mountains. Usually, these logs are donated or sold by the government. However, because many people in underdeveloped areas need work, they still continue their logging operations.

What is your take on logging? Do you patronize products made from wood?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I understand that people need to work and earn money, but I just can't stand the thought of trees being cut down. It's so barbaric:( Some time ago, I stopped buying paper books and I purchased an ebook reader. I'm not crazy, I know it won't change anything, but at least I can look at trees without feeling very guilty.
I try not to buy other products made from wood, but I can't live without furniture.

Reaction score
Ive always wondered why people do this kind of things, things that will damage us all in the end, but I later understood that greed and stupidity go both hand in hand. Like for example all those factories in China... polluting their water and air, those businessmen don't care, don't think about the future, only about the moment... making money and that's it. It's rather sad and one of the reasons we might not be around here for too long...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My thoughts exactly! Most people don't care about the environment at all. I live near a really big park. The city authorities want to cut down all trees and build a street there. I know that many of my neighbors don't have anything against it, because it would help relieve traffic problems:rolleyes:

Reaction score
That's so sad! I hope they don't do that! The idiots of he city council did something similar to a park I used to go for a walk to... they chopped down a lot beautiful trees :( They did it because the trees were dropping a lot leaves all year around... not sure what kind of trees those were, but yes, tey were messy all year around. I stopped going there after that... because the shadow they provided was gone :( They did it for their own comfort... people can be s selfish! We only have one world! Sometimes I think those people are stupid... maybe they think we can live in mars...:unsure:

Ask a Question