Lockdown

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I dug out this old thread as the title's relevant.

I'll be glad when lockdown is all over and the theatres re-open, there were some good shows on before they all closed.

s-l1600.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
In fact for a few decades, I've been saying many peole were never trained to be parents.
For years I have said that, there should be an application to be come a parent.

Prior to the CV my good neighbor and I would be able to meet up for coffee and a good chat. Then she got diagnosed with cancer and is in treatment which hurts the immune system, so she is stuck at home. Her husband does all the errands, she does go for car rides. Now we just text or talk on the cell, feel so sad for her.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Not only were people not trained to be parents, but they also don't know how to set an example!
Lock down is fine with us. We have enough to do on the farm to keep us busy, and we have some TV programs we like to watch.
"He and me" is enough for us. I'm sorry for those who don't have enough internal stamina to survive this without whining. But, as Sean said, selfish people not following simple rules really don't raise any sympathy in me.

Reaction score
Country
United States
One of my discoveries from the pandemic time was a massage chair. During the pandemic I started feeling discomfort and pain in my neck and back (probably, because of stress, or because of changing my working place) . My wife helped me with a massage and pain started to decrease. It worked so well, that I even decided to have a massage chair. It is also helping to decrease the level of stress. Besides massage, I also started doing sport and yoga.I didn't do it before, but when we were isolated we simply had a lot of free time. New hobbies and sport really saved me and relationships with my wife:ROFLMAO: It is great that the isolation has finished now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
One of my discoveries from the pandemic time was a massage chair. During the pandemic I started feeling discomfort and pain in my neck and back (probably, because of stress, or because of changing my working place) . My wife helped me with a massage and pain started to decrease. It worked so well, that I even decided to have a massage chair. It is also helping to decrease the level of stress. Besides massage, I also started doing sport and yoga.I didn't do it before, but when we were isolated we simply had a lot of free time. New hobbies and sport really saved me and relationships with my wife:ROFLMAO: It is great that the isolation has finished now.
I bought a massage chair myself. Bad back in a couple of places anyway. So there I sit, and I learned to play chess on a tv app. I have a nearly perfect record against the chess computer of 100% losses. That is until yesterday when I managed a stalemate.

Edit: And... today I learned that stalemates are now illegal. So probablyback to 100% losses. Tough game. Good chair.

chess rules link:

Last edited:

Ask a Question