Lemon tree got scale

Sky

Reaction score
Country
United States
Poor thing was devastated by those little jerks in the span of a week. Scale is all dead now but I noticed too late. I watered and fertilized once but I'm not seeing any new growth yet despite a green main stem...anything else I can try? I was considering putting it outside now that it's warning up ( was 70 yesterday) and hoping the warmth triggers it.

Attachments

• 20210225_181224.jpg
    20210225_181224.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 59

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to GF
I wouldn't put it outside until the summer, just wait and see if it starts growing, make sure that it doesn't sit in water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Where do you live, how cold did it get and for how long? If the trunk and branches are still greenish when you scrape it it will probably come back. I also notice that the tree is planted too deep. You MUST have the root flare exposed. And if the tree is grafted it is planted WAY WAY too deep. Being planted too deep leads to all kinds of problems and eventual death.

Last edited:

Sky

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nc, zone 7b, it isnt outside usually, just for the pic, I keep it inside during winter. The leaf drop is entirely from the scale infestation that I didnt notice and let go on too long. Also thank you for the root flare mention, it had some surface roots showing due to my irrigation system watering too little and i was worried maybe that contributed to its decline so i literally *just* dumped some peat moss on top to cover it in hopes itll help. Ill remove it now. Had no idea depth mattered for these guys.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Nc, zone 7b, it isnt outside usually, just for the pic, I keep it inside during winter. The leaf drop is entirely from the scale infestation that I didnt notice and let go on too long. Also thank you for the root flare mention, it had some surface roots showing due to my irrigation system watering too little and i was worried maybe that contributed to its decline so i literally *just* dumped some peat moss on top to cover it in hopes itll help. Ill remove it now. Had no idea depth mattered for these guys.
Then it will be ok. Google root flare to understand better what I said.

Ask a Question