Help with Lemon tree...I've got mold!

Reaction score
I recently moved into a new house and it has some lovely lemon trees in the backyard. Upon further inspection I found that they are infected with mold. What can I do to help them?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I recently moved into a new house and it has some lovely lemon trees in the backyard. Upon further inspection I found that they are infected with mold. What can I do to help them?
Check out your tree for aphids. What you see is probably what is called honeydew which is excrement from aphids. It looks like mold but isn't. If there are no aphids then spray the tree thourghly every 7 days for 2 weeks with Neem Oil. If it is aphids spray it with Spinosad or Neem Oil every 7 days for 3 weeks. I takes 3 weeks to break the reproduction cycle.

Reaction score
Wow, thank you for the detailed reply, Chuck. I hope it's only aphids. I'll take a closer look tomorrow and see what the problem actually is. I'm glad either way there is a solution. :)

Ask a Question