Leaf shredder (mulcher)

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Dear All

I am looking for a leaf shredder for home use.
I bought worx wg430 but unfortunately it is 120v while we are a 220v country.
Question:
Any recommendation for a leaf shredder for home use.
- Electrical
- 220v
- bladeless (string)
- can buy online
- Good quality

I do not want to use a loan mower.

Appreciate any feedback reply.

Regards,,,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
You problem is not just voltage, otherwise you could buy a converter. Usually 110/120 volt is 60 Hz AC, whereas 20/240 volts is 50 Hz AC. Hz - Hertz - is the frequency of the AC - Alternating Current- sometimes referred to as "cycles". It depends on the type of motor. Some are designed to run on one or the other, some can run on both. Sometimes, trying to run a 50Hz motor on 60Hz or the other way round is not good. Before buying a new shredder, I would ask the manufacturer's custom support if this one will run on 50 Hz using a transformer. If so, the converter might be useful for other things in future. Looking up the wg430, it states that it is 120v 13 amp, which is about 1,500 kW. You need to be careful that the step down converter can handle that wattage. Many of the smaller ones are not true transformers and fake the lower voltage by only using one half of the voltage cycle (they don't work going up from 110 to 220) either).

Worx is a Chinese company who sell worldwide, so I'm sure they make 220 volt versions of their products. Perhaps you could return your wg430 and find a 220 volt one on line, since I assume you must have got this one on line from a country that uses 110 volts.

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Thank you for the detailed informative reply.
I have returned the shredder to Amazon.

I have been searching for a 220v online. But still could not find one.

But will keep searching.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and welcome.

We here in the UK are 230V.

The same appliances are made to cover a range of supplies of from 220v to 240v. It doesn't matter which supply you have between these two voltages.

I've one of these, it's 3000w and has a variable speed control. The scoop at the end is detachable,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
So what is wrong with sticking a electric weed eater down into a garbage barrel full of leaves? Or just strimming a pile of leaves to pieces? It is not hard.

Ask a Question