Just moved my avacodo tree outside need help

Mud

Reaction score
Country
United States
I plant my avacado seed from an avacado I ate about a year ago. It did well for the most part inside. About a week ago I moved it outside and it is not doing well. The top looks dead but the bottom is still green. It's been like 80s outside. I'm from Chicago. Should I move it back inside, cut the stem, water it more or less, find it more shade or something else. Thanks for the advice.

Attachments

• 15913042134376844787584027464335.jpg
    15913042134376844787584027464335.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 146
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I plant my avacado seed from an avacado I ate about a year ago. It did well for the most part inside. About a week ago I moved it outside and it is not doing well. The top looks dead but the bottom is still green. It's been like 80s outside. I'm from Chicago. Should I move it back inside, cut the stem, water it more or less, find it more shade or something else. Thanks for the advice.
I am afraid that moving the plant outside and leaving it there for a week has proved fatal. You don't take a plant that has been inside its entire life and stick it outside where the climate is a lot different and leave it. You do it slowly. Start off with 2 hours and every other day or two add an hour. You might try to make an avacado bush by cutting it below where the brown starts on the trunk. It might sprout new leaves but its doubtful.

Mud

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am afraid that moving the plant outside and leaving it there for a week has proved fatal. You don't take a plant that has been inside its entire life and stick it outside where the climate is a lot different and leave it. You do it slowly. Start off with 2 hours and every other day or two add an hour. You might try to make an avacado bush by cutting it below where the brown starts on the trunk. It might sprout new leaves but its doubtful.
Should I move it back inside or just leave it outside. Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Should I move it back inside or just leave it outside. Thanks
Move it back inside. Where ever the plant is brown that part is already dead. If you cut it directly below the brown in the still green part it is possible, but not very likely, to sprout new leaves. If you really want to try to save it get a product from a nursery or online called SuperThrive and follow the directions. If anything will save the plant it will.

Ask a Question