July Photo of the Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to June Photo of the Month! The theme this month is Flowers.

The rules are as follows:
  • Please submit your photo in this topic
  • No more than one submission per member
  • The photo must be your own (but not necessarily taken in your own garden)
  • Entries should be made no later than 20th June
  • A poll will be released on 21st June to select the winning photo, and voting will take place until the end of the month
  • No discussion in this topic - you will have a chance to comment on the photos when the poll has been released
  • The winning photo will be announced on 1st July and the winning photo will be shown on the sidebar during the whole of July.

Good luck! (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Mexican Flame Vine (Pseudogynoxys chenopodioides aka Senecio confusus). I love this bloomin' vine:)

P1000970.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:) @LIcenter the vine is native to Mexico's El Tejin region in the state of Veracruz. It has become popular with gardeners in the US who live in usda zone 9 and up. It is super rich in nectar and pollen and attracts all kinds of pollinators and nectar lovers. Generally, the vine is covered with butterflies, hummingbirds, bees, and everything else. The photo was taken in the morning before the butterflies become active.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The purple clematis are always the first to bloom in my yard in May/June. Generally, the vine is "trainable" on any wall or lattice, and this one really took off this year with all the rain we had the spring. Unfortunately, the same precipitation that helps it blossom causes the blooms to fall (especially in a driving rainstorm).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
image.jpg

Ajisai (hydrangea) from a festival I went to this weekend.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
India
This water lily is actually in my vintage stone trough kept near the gate. I also have made a small pond having this lily.
P1490588 - C.JPG
It was raining lightly last week when I took this picture holding the umbrella to protect the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question