Juice Kale Collards Escarole Basil Celery

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.durgan.org/2015/June 2015/15 June 2015 Juice Kale Collards Escarole Basil Celery/HTML/ 15 June 2015 Juice Kale Collards Escarole Basil Celery
The current vegetables in the garden were made into 20 liters of juice, and pressure canned at 15 PSI for 15 minutes for long term storage at room temperature. Vegetables were Collards 4 pounds, Kale 7 pounds, Escarole 4 pounds, Basil 1/4 pound, Celery 4 pounds. All were cooked until soft and beat into a slurry then stained and stored in liter jars. Pictures depict the process.
dsc_398615%20june%202015%20kale%20collards%20escarole%20basil%20celery_std.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Looks very healthy Durgan and I'm sure very tasty. You obviously have a very productive veggie garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That looks amazing and healthy juice to drink! My son loves to juice vegetables and fruits together. In fact, he was on a juicing diet for over two weeks. The result was amazing, he lost the weight and brought down his high blood pressure while he was home.

Reaction score
Looks very interesting, wonder if it tsstes as good as it looks? I honestly wish I could drink more green juices often, I had been drinking a praickly pear cactus juice almost daily, but I am starting to get so bored of it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
My approach is to juice everything and pressure can. I am also of the opinion that cooked is superior to raw even if raw is an option, which is is not off season.

I usually have two or more liters open at one time and mix as desired in the drinking glass.

I process around 500 liter jars during the Summer season. There is no chance of getting jaded since I have such a wide variety. Much I grow or pick your own for items not grown during the Summer months growing season.

I never add sugar or salt to anything. Don't have sugar or its substitutes in the house The final product is almost pure except for some gross fiber removed.
Healthy? You be the judge.

Here is a record of my endeavors. http://durgan.org/2011/

Ask a Question