Inoculant For Beans & Peas

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Haven't planted green beans or peas before.
Does anyone know anything about the product Inoculant for peas & beans. I'm new to this product, but Haven't purchased it yet. I've viewed some you soak seeds in before planting, also viewed some you add directly to soil before planting. Which is better? Also after using this product shouldn't need any further nutrients if I understood correctly.
Dan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve been growing green beans for several years, and my dog gets a bunch of them because she loves them. I grow everything in containers and I just plant the green bean seeds right into the soil without soaking them. I typically grow bush beans, but I’ve done pole beans in the past.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
... Also after using this product shouldn't need any further nutrients if I understood correctly.
Dan
I haven't used the product you mentioned so can't answer the first two questions.

However, regarding need for further nutrients...that depends on your soil composition currently. If your soil is deficient in potassium, phosphorus, and/or several other micro-nutrients, the inoculant won't help with that. If your soil is lacking organic matter, again the inoculant won't help that.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Does anyone know anything about the product Inoculant for peas & beans.
It probably contains fungicide and insecticide. You don't need it. Try a yeast or lacto-bacillus inoculant instead. The formulae are simple and are on YouTube.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ve been growing green beans for several years, and my dog gets a bunch of them because she loves them. I grow everything in containers and I just plant the green bean seeds right into the soil without soaking them. I typically grow bush beans, but I’ve done pole beans in the past.
I read that if you haven't planted green beans in a particular space before you need to use inoculant to soak seeds in first time.
If you have planted green beans in a particular space then you don't need inoculant soaked seeds.
That was information I read online. If it's true or not I don't know.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
What I read online is if you have grown green beans before in an area you don't need inoculant.
If you haven't grown green beans in that particular area you do need soak green beans seeds in inoculant.
I don't want to do it if I don't have to. Thats why I'm posting these threads for feed back.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
What I read online is if you have grown green beans before in an area you don't need inoculant.
If you haven't grown green beans in that particular area you do need soak green beans seeds in inoculant for few minutes before planting.
I don't want to do it if I don't have to. Thats why I'm posting these threads for feed back.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
If you haven't grown green beans in that particular area you do need soak green beans seeds in inoculant few minutes before planting.
I don't want to do it if I don't have to. Thats why I'm posting these threads for feed back. Was that the first time you planted green beans in that particular area?

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you haven't grown green beans in that particular area you do need soak green beans seeds in inoculant.
I grow everything in containers and I use fresh potting mix every year. I just plant the seeds in the soil without doing anything with them ahead of time. I've never used an inoculant and I always get tons of beans. I do mix in a bit of Garden-tone fertilizer into the soil before planting, and feed the bean plants a little bit every few weeks. Others may have different advice for growing green beans, but I've had success doing it the same way every year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I grow everything in containers and I use fresh potting mix every year. I just plant the seeds in the soil without doing anything with them ahead of time. I've never used an inoculant and I always get tons of beans. I do mix in a bit of Garden-tone fertilizer into the soil before planting, and feed the bean plants a little bit every few weeks. Others may have different advice for growing green beans, but I've had success doing it the same way every year.
Thanks,
Im learning from you guys.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thanks,
Im learning from you guys.
Just to let you know where this info. came from, I googled preparing raised bed for green beans & peas is where I found soaking seeds in inoculant before planting.
I guess, google is not smart enough for gardening.
I do see things that dont make any sense.
That’s why I'm here in this forum now.

Ask a Question