If violets are so edible what else am I missing?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I basically refuse to use triclopyr so violets and other weeds have had their way with my lawn. I just read how violets were very edible and wondered what other ground cover plants you know for 8a that should be in my kitchen?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Nasturtiums -------And I discovered something, the blond flowering type, leaves more delicate, the deep red flowering type leaves stronger flavor.
That is neat to know! The more I have continued into forest cooking the more I have found fresh herbs in my deli drawer. You know you are using them regularly when they have not turned black just sitting there unloved.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
That is neat to know! The more I have continued into forest cooking the more I have found fresh herbs in my deli drawer. You know you are using them regularly when they have not turned black just sitting there unloved.
I use them in cold salads, like potato salad, pasta salad, chicken salad. Since the taste is like a raddish..

Ask a Question