United States
how-high-should-grass-be-cut-2132358-03-1866012c34124814bcf3f92ce076fe98.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How old is the lawn?
How well was it leveled?
How long do you want your grass?

First cut on a newly seeded lawn should be at the maximum height, then gradually come down as it becomes established.
If the lawn is not level you may leave bare spots if the mower is set too low.
If the lawn is frequently used it might pay to leave it a bit longer, if it is purely ornamental you can keep it low.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Also depends on what kind of grass it is. Most warm-season grasses can be mowed shorter than cool=season grasses. Typically a cool-season grass - like Kentucky Bluegrass - would be mowed at 3", while a warm=season grass - like bermudagrass - would be mowed at 1".

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Also depends on what kind of grass it is. Most warm-season grasses can be mowed shorter than cool=season grasses. Typically a cool-season grass - like Kentucky Bluegrass - would be mowed at 3", while a warm=season grass - like bermudagrass - would be mowed at 1".
My St Augustine cuts at 3.5"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
there are lots of lawn mowers that need manual adjustment but robot lawn mowers are different. They can be setup through the mobile app.
I can see the height setting in the photo on the OP, that's how I like 'em, a nice simple up and down click. Heck, I am using my new computer now, but it took me two days mind twisting just to get into it, I'm afraid I am a Twentieth Century man, they were still fighting WWII when I was born, the idea of having to go into an app to change the height on the mower , ARRrrgh.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It took me 2 hours to understand the working of my lawn mower but finally i did it.
That's nothing, I just spent two days getting my new computer up and running :) If you don't want to mow but still like a lawn it is very worth it, after all you won't be doing it again. But I enjoy mowing and will be doing it again and again :) Everyone is a bit different.

Ask a Question