how do I stop the "alerts" from going to my email.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
How do I stop my alerts from going to my email. other than going to the alerts and unchecking it all. Is there a special check that is for just the email, or is it all of them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Click on your user name in the very top bar on the right.
This should take you to a page labeled "personal details". To the left under "settings" choose "alert preferences."
There you can limit and customize (or expand) the email notifications you get from the robo-board overlords.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Yes, I did get that far prior to me asking the question. BUT which one do I un check to stop the email. I read them and no one seems to say "Stop email alert" or something like that. So then I posed the question.

Bottom line I want nothing sent to my email alerting me for anything here. So if I un-check them all will it stop the little number at the time in this forum????

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
One other thing - "Mark Forums Read" deletes all your watched threads; which seems to happen automatically whenever you post. That will stop the New reply to watched thread emails.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Yes, I did get that far prior to me asking the question. BUT which one do I un check to stop the email. I read them and no one seems to say "Stop email alert" or something like that. So then I posed the question.

Bottom line I want nothing sent to my email alerting me for anything here. So if I un-check them all will it stop the little number at the time in this forum????

still waiting for this answer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Uncheck all of them.
Every time you post to a thread, "Mark Forums Read".
You'll never see an alert in your inbox if you do these two things.

Reaction score
Another option would be - to click on the box which says " more options " prior to posting - as that will lead to this

Options:
  • Watch this thread...
    • and receive email notifications

which as both will have little boxes with ticks in - just un-tick what you don't want and that will definitely solve the problem for you :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I unticked all of them. and now there is no little red alert on this forum on the top red
Another option would be - to click on the box which says " more options " prior to posting - as that will lead to this

Options:
  • Watch this thread...
    • and receive email notifications

which as both will have little boxes with ticks in - just un-tick what you don't want and that will definitely solve the problem for you :)
I unticked all of them and now there is no little red alert on the top red corner on this forum.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
well I unticked it all. but now I do not get the little red notification on the top right side. Whatever, my life will go on without it. Just glad I don't have to delete another batch of stuff on my email that is not necessary.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
well I unticked it all. but now I do not get the little red notification on the top right side. Whatever, my life will go on without it. Just glad I don't have to delete another batch of stuff on my email that is not necessary.

Hi Esther, just checking, did you make sure that the options on this page (https://www.gardening-forums.com/account/alert-preferences) are ticked again? The other settings will prevent the e-mails coming through, but you'll need all the alert boxes ticked to get the red notification working again. It's the opposite of what I first thought would work, but I've changed some other settings to stop the e-mails for you.

Ask a Question