Honeybee decline

Reaction score
Pesticides are a huge problem and I've read that, at least in Connecticut, there might be a parasite or fungus taking them out. We also have a huge decrease in our bat population; of the ten species native to this area on two species remain, the rest eradicated in less than three years.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Blimey, all bats are protected in the UK. You can't even go into your attic if they are in there.

Reaction score
I have seen bees lately in my garden, but I remember there were far more bees back when I was a kid, sadly our silly dog used to kill them! They always stinged him before dying, but he really deserve it. They came here just to drink some water... I remember seeing several bees at one trying to get some water. This no longer happens :(

I do my share by not touching them are telling others how important they are. There are some people out there who still kill bees! Spreading the word is the best you can do for them right now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I've never heard of their being bats in my area. I've considered getting a bat house just because they are supposed to be good for keep the mosquito population under control, but I worry that the city folk around here would harm them. It's bad enough when you don't have control over what your neighbors spray for ants, roaches, termites, etc.

I think next spring I am going to get a mason bee house for my garden.

Ask a Question