Helping out.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very nice and exquisite work. Thank you for sharing the video. So refined and intricate!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

@Colin I bet you'd make good use of a 3D printer :D

Thanks Becky; I'd enjoy playing around with a 3D printer; it's amazing what can be done with one of these but I'm just so busy with other projects that grab my imagination; I'm still dreaming of gardening; I washed and dried the car this afternoon but I think I was abducted together with the car by aliens and taken to a distant galaxy because the sun was shining and it wasn't snowing or raining; if this ever happens again I'll send the aliens back to collect Bron then we won't return. :)

It's suddenly turned very dark outside; I must have upset Blackie? :(

It's only taken about 40 years for me to finally get around to turning a few wooden lidded boxes on the lathe which I'm looking forward to; the lathes are almost completed and ready for action; I can't ever be accused of being slow?

Kind regards, Colin

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

How strange Becky that you mention 3D printers and today I receive details of Black & Decker using 3D printing to produce metal components?

upload_2018-3-6_18-57-53.png

This is from Practical Machinist forum.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
What a funny co-incidence! Ian is on his second 3D printer now (which he made himself) and he loves it. He is now looking at getting a laser cutting machine! Boys and their toys :rolleyes::LOL:

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Yes indeed Becky; boys and their toys; we never grow up but our toys tend to get bigger; I'd love a "Bobcat" and a fork truck etc but living here on the side of the valley limits my ambitions.

Good on Ian making his own 3D printer and good luck to him in getting a laser cutting machine; I fancied a plasma cutter for cutting lumps of metal but in the end I bought a metal cutting bandsaw; I used to own a big industrial 3 phase Startrite Volant 24" bandsaw; 10 speed with on-board band cutter and band welder; pity it took up so much floor space and had to go.

Boys who like toys have an interest in life; I love my Bron first then my second love is my assorted hobbies. (y):D

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question