Hello new here and hooe i can get some help and make new friends!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I'm new here and just started my plant journey.
I just got a cutting and this is my first pothos. The leaves are huge and so is the vine.(Pics are nothing compared to the actual plant) It has these black spikes and I don't know how to plant. Should I plant in water or soil ?

Attachments

• IMG-20230624-WA0011.jpeg
    IMG-20230624-WA0011.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should I plant in water or soil ?
You can do either, a bit of rooting hormone on the cut end and pot up with damp compost, or stand it in a jar of water until the roots start to take off (Probably about a month). Keep it out of direct sunlight, and if it is in compost make sure it stays moist. Not sure how many leaves you have there, if it's more than three take off the one nearest the cut end, plants lose water through leaves and until it grows some roots that will help keep it hydrated.

Good luck, it is an attractive indoor plant and not too fussy. Welcome to the forum and the start of a voyage of discovery of the joy of having things grow.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you so much. Yes it has a huge leave along with one that is curled as its ready to bloom. Can I use lica clay balls? If so how shoukd I use them

Ask a Question