Hello from the Midwest

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hello, big time gardener here. Used to be a big city boy until the love for gardening took over. My garden expands every year. From a few veggies and apple trees to a full Fruit Forest. Last 12 years I've had more failures than success. However, every year I learn what not to and what to do. After about 12 years and counting i get a little better every year. I grow just about whatever will grow in zone 5b. Fruit trees include pawpaws, peaches, nectarines, plums, interspecifics, apples, pears, sweet and sour cherries. Also grow most berries for my zone blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, gooseberries, blackberries, kiwiberries, mulberries and grapes.

I also go nuts and mean grow nuts. Almonds and hazelnuts so far.

My favorites are watermelons, cantaloupe and honeydew. Those are my favorite.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things but you get the idea

Hoping I can help and get help as some diseases are hard to control and even harder to identify.

Mini Orchard Dude

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Sound like an awesome garden! I have butternuts, chestnuts and walnuts but would love to have hazelnuts.. it's my favorite for eating. Almonds too. Welcome to the forum :)

Ask a Question