Have no idea what this is

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I also briefly considered Caryopteris, but the varieties I grow are rather more shrubby. I've wondered about plants in the mint family, and wonder if there is any scent if those leaves are bruised? I wondered too about the agastaches and salvias.
Like you @MiTmite9 I don't like not knowing the answer :confused:
@420benz Have you had a really good dig around for that lost label?;)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I also briefly considered Caryopteris, but the varieties I grow are rather more shrubby. I've wondered about plants in the mint family, and wonder if there is any scent if those leaves are bruised? I wondered too about the agastaches and salvias.
I'm half tempted to post OP's photos on Reddit's r/gardening ------ that's how much this is starting to BUG me. Oh . . . What the heck. Doing it now.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm half tempted to post OP's photos on Reddit's r/gardening ------ that's how much this is starting to BUG me. Oh . . . What the heck. Doing it now.
I planted it in the spring and lost the ID tag. It did not bloom.
I posted a couple of your photos on r/gardening in Reddit. I bet someone there will help us i.d. your plant. (Oct. 17, 2023)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Posted on Reddit and will reveal the i.d. as soon as I get it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Yes But could not find it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think you may have one of the Eupatoriums (joe pye weed) there, but no idea which one......last thought.....

I think it is Eupatorium cannabinum.... akaAgue weed, hemp agrimony, St John's herb, Raspberries & cream.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think you may have one of the Eupatoriums (joe pye weed) there, but no idea which one......last thought.....

I think it is Eupatorium cannabinum.... akaAgue weed, hemp agrimony, St John's herb, Raspberries & cream.
Not a peep about my posting photos of this mystery plant (Reddit). I am flummoxed. Eupatorium cannabinum leaves aren't reddish and the flowers look wrong. OP needs to send pics to local Ag Dept and ask them. Or else to Museum of Natural History botanist.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not a peep regarding my posting of photos of this mystery plant (Reddit). No help there at all. I am flummoxed. Eupatorium cannabinum leaves aren't reddish and the flowers look wrong. OP needs to send pics to local Ag Dept and ask them. Or else to Museum of Natural History botanist.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1697792721883.png
1697792992711.png
1697793101880.png

1697793207718.png
1697793325439.png
It should grow taller as it flowers. It reminds me of several other Eupatoriums I grow. :)

Ask a Question