Guava

Reaction score
Country
United States
Guavas can range in flavor from very sweet to very puckery (sour). I love how fibrous can be in texture. Guavas are so refreshing to drink as a citrus, great for infused water, and seem to help with my complexion. I agree that guava does wonders for digestion.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I grew up in Hawaii and we hike up into the mountains and our lunch would be guavas. I'm just wondering, how would you grow a new plant? Would you just grab one of the fuits and bury it in the ground? Do you have to wait til the are at a certain color to do so? I m interested now. Free food.

You don't need to bury the whole fruit. I planted a few seeds in pots years ago and they all grew. I didn't plant them in the ground as I had hoped to turn them into bonsai trees, but when they weren't developing the way I wanted them to, I gave them away to my bonsai club to put on their raffle table.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I have a number of fruit trees in my garden and I had 3 guava trees one seedless, one with red seeds and one quite fleshy and the best of the 3 . They are not there any more. I have planted two now and hope they will yield.
Guava is rich in nutrients.

Ask a Question