Foliar miticide can it be administered in 'feed' water for root absorption

Low Altitude

Low Altitude
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b but houseplants only - apartment
Country
United States
I have an indoor mite problem on more than one soft-leaved plant. The spray miticide I use, Schulz 'Fungicite 3', is effective, but it's hard to get absolutely everywhere and the mites keep coming back.

Can a foliar spray miticide be administered in the 'watering water' – I water usually by immersion? Will the miticide be absorbed, and if it is, will it be distributed throughout the plant and be effective?

If not, are there other miticides that are designed to be administered during watering, for root absorption?

Any experirence, anyone? Thanks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have an indoor mite problem on more than one soft-leaved plant. The spray miticide I use, Schulz 'Fungicite 3', is effective, but it's hard to get absolutely everywhere and the mites keep coming back.

Can a foliar spray miticide be administered in the 'watering water' – I water usually by immersion? Will the miticide be absorbed, and if it is, will it be distributed throughout the plant and be effective?

If not, are there other miticides that are designed to be administered during watering, for root absorption?

Any experirence, anyone? Thanks.
What you are looking for is a systemic miticide. There is one that I know of but it is very expensive ($200+) and is used mainly in commercial applications. You can use contact miticides as a soil drench but it is not absorbed into the roots and the rest of the plant, so it is not systemic. Most folks that I know of just use Neem Oil as a soil drench and it effectively kill mites and their eggs in the soil. The only negative about Neem Oil is it has a short shelf life, 6 weeks max. The product you are using is not a miticide, it is a fungicide. It has small amounts of Neem Oil in it but not enough to be effective against mites. Neem Oil is an insecticide, a fungicide and a miticide if used as directed. Use 2 oz per gallon of water and use a watering can to soak the soil.

Low Altitude

Low Altitude
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b but houseplants only - apartment
Country
United States
Chuck, Thanks so much! Neem oil it will be! Much appreciate the instrux. – Angus

Ask a Question