Electric automatic compost tumbler

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, and welcome to the Forum.

The idea sounds promising. It could even be powered by a wind turbine or solar panels for maximal environmental benefit.

I wanted to see what industrial-sized units already exist. Here is what one model looks like, but of course there is always room for improvement, especially at different scales of use.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I suppose it would be useful in some unexpected way. For one I could see a series of screens whereby only fine and filtered compost comes out. This would be good for commercial sales. Here is my no turn pile that I recently opened.
PXL_20210913_221308014_resize_68.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Every gardener should have a few pairs of nitrile-coated gloves, Pruners. Sharp pruners are necessary for chores like clipping stems and harvesting vegetables, Watering Gear, Plant Food, Rake & Hoe, Wheelbarrow, and compost tumbler. You can own this FCMP outdoor IM4000 compost tumbler which has 37 gallons of capacity and is equally divided into two chambers. Remember to water and fertilize your plants regularly. Just follow according to rules and do the best vegetable garden. Best wishes to your garden future.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Hmm 37 whole gallons? Thats 231 cubic inches per gallon 37 times! Lets math out the 1 cubic foot bags like black kow compost brand from the store! 12inches x12x12=1728 cubic inches in a cubic foot or a standard bag of compost. So 231 cubic inches in a gallon divides into 1728 an almost 7.5 times (7.48 gallons actually). That always seems wrong to me!

So this 37 gallon compost maker will produce almost 5 normal sized 1 cu ft bags worth of compost via 37gal÷7.48 gallons per cu ft. Basically 2 wheelbarrow loads for me, but then I run a small standard wheelbarrow so its not so heavy as those big commercial sized monsters.

Ask a Question