Dusty Miller

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
I like the silvery white leaves of Dusty Miller. However, I hardly ever see Dusty Miller used in gardens or containers. Has Dusty Miller gone out of style?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I think Dusty Miller is a very intriguing plant. It’s just not that colorful. Why plant something that is so bland when you can plant Pansies with unlimited cheerful colors? Dusty Miller does make a great border plant but a little goes a long ways.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I think Dusty Miller is a very intriguing plant. It’s just not that colorful. Why plant something that is so bland when you can plant Pansies with unlimited cheerful colors? Dusty Miller does make a great border plant but a little goes a long ways.
Over here in the UK it's used as a border plant to separate hot colours from each other used as an annual but it's a perennial and might come up the next year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Over here in the UK it's used as a border plant to separate hot colours from each other used as an annual but it's a perennial and might come up the next year.
I work for a customer who has Dusty Miller planted in the tree lawn. The Dusty Miller grew back the following year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
I was at a garden center which featured containers of dark purple violas with dusty miller.
The silver of the dusty miller added a distinct touch to the dark purple violas.

Ask a Question