Do you think this may recover and how long

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I’m in the South West of England and generally mild weather. This plant suffered in the intense frosts of a few months ago and had to remove some of the fronds. Don you think this may recover and roughly how long? I’m trying to work out whether to keep it? Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6225.jpeg
    IMG_6225.jpeg
    398.4 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It looks like you do have at least a little green tissue so there may be some hope. Trim off the rest of the brown fronds down to green. The warmer you can keep it, the faster it will recover. Don't expect much from it this summer but it may start to look decent in the fall. If next winter seems extra cold, wrap it with a tarp or blanket on extra cold nights.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, this one needs some patience now. I agree, with the green showing at the bottom, there is a chance this will make a good recovery. Learn from the experience, and get yourself a wad of fleece for next winter. prevention is better than cure.
1685033884641.png

Ask a Question