Do people in other countries celebrate Halloween?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
Halloween only made it to South Africa a few years ago. When I was a child I only knew it as something that happened in comic books.

I'm not sure what it's like in other suburbs, but there doesn't seem to be much trick or treating happening in my area. I remember a few children coming around once about two or three years ago and they didn't even come on the right day. The shops are full of Halloween decorations though, so obviously there is an interest somewhere.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is good to see Halloween is being celebrated in other countries. It is a holiday that allows grownups to act like children without feeling silly. They can dress up in all sorts of customs without explaining why they are dressed up.

Reaction score
I'm from Canada, we celebrate Halloween here as well and it is usually a lot of fun, until some people steal candy from children. My cousin was in Italy for Halloween one year and they dressed up to go to a Halloween party (catered for the North Americans). She said that it doesn't seem like the Italians celebrate Halloween down there because everyone stared at them and asked to take pictures and they saw no one going trick-or-treating. I think that it was probably just the area that she was in.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
They stole the sweets from the kids?

That's just not on:(

Ask a Question