Croft Castle

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Another National Trust property which we often visit. The Castle is now a private home, but one can go round. No photos allowed inside though. The grounds are really spectacular wooded areas. High above the Castle itself is an Iron age Hill fort/settlement. Ambury Castle. The views from it are fantastic, across Shropshire into Wales.
http://www.ideasforgardens.net/palustris/Croft_Castle

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love it, it reminds me of the Secret Garden:) Those old, big trees and the pond are absolutely beautiful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Honduras
These are spectacular! Thanks for sharing! I love trees, and particularly old, big gnarled ones that have lots of personality. I also love old abandoned buildings, which made these photos like a dream come true for me. I would love to live somewhere like that again! I used to live at a summer camp which had previously been a working farm and there were a few old buildings to visit out in the woods along with some cool trees, but now I'm living in the city where there isn't much of that around.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I love it, it reminds me of the Secret Garden:) Those old, big trees and the pond are absolutely beautiful.

It made me think of that too -- especially the little pump house, it was so hidden in greenery that it made it seem all mystical and extra charming! I love getting glimpses into garden grounds like this!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
The old trees are an avenue of Chestnut trees planted over 300 years ago. Sadly many of them now are almost dead. They have started re-planting, but it will take another 50 or so years for the trees to reach a decent size. Pity that the trees were not replaced 60 years ago.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The trees are amazing to see! They are just so unique! What a beautiful garden!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It made me think of that too -- especially the little pump house, it was so hidden in greenery that it made it seem all mystical and extra charming! I love getting glimpses into garden grounds like this!
Yes, I love it too:) I think I'll never get bored with looking at beautiful gardens. Each one of them is so special and unique. And it's just so inspiring to see them.

Ask a Question