United Kingdom
This place is about 15 miles from home.
Chirk 001.jpg
Chirk 006.jpg
Chirk 014.jpg
Chirk 069.jpg
Chirk 070.jpg
Chirk 072.jpg

You can go inside the place, but photography is not allowed. And since the insides are just Victorian furnishings, we do not normally bother.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
(y) Is the last picture the one with the Victorian furnishings? It just seems small or maybe it's all stacked up? Those are some good pics. Nice.

Reaction score
Lucky, you are very lucky! I wish I lived so close to this kind of places, so far I haven't been close to even seeing a real castle. Those living in the UK are so darn lucky! The country seems to be full of beautiful and magnificent castles everywhere :love: Is it true most of those castles have some kind of eerie atmosphere?

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for all the beautiful pictures, I love castles. I hope to see a real one soon. I agree it would be "eerie" to heat a place like a castle.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures. The US does not have buildings that are that old or so rich in history, so you people in the UK are very lucky to be able to walk around and marvel at such things. Someday I hope to travel to the UK just so I can get to see some the architecture first hand!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I want to live in this castle!:D I'd wear a princess dress, sit there in a garden, and look at those lovely roses. I'm sure it would make me very happy. Ever since I remember, I've always had a soft spot for castles.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
The Middleton family lived there until recently. they moved out to give their young children a safer place to be, because of all the visitors.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It sure is a lovely place and anyone who would be able to live there would be lucky. Since I am not from that area, are you referring to Princess Kates family, or another group of Middletons?

Ask a Question