Conversations.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thank you, @DirtMechanic!! :)

he was lifted up the window and across the roof to be nose to nose with me; I politely said "Would you like to try paying your fare again please" and ungratiously dumped him back into his seat;

:D I realize it goes against the grain for you, but Colin, you handled that perfectly!! (y)

I worked third shift in restaurants for about 10 years, then tended bar for another 10 years. I enjoy most drunks (and drinking,) but I'll tell you, there are some drunks that act like bad children or a bad dog. They will test the limits to see how far they can push you. (And at five feet tall, I can shout like a drill sergeant.) Have you ever heard that children want rules? Or that a dog wants to have boundaries? Same for some drunks.

Once you show them that they must respect you, they will behave just fine, even jump to your defense if another drunk tries to mess with you. I was the one that broke up the fights in the restaurant, and :jawdrop: ... in the bar, as well. There were rude customers that my co-workers would refuse to wait on, I took them, and they were meek as church mice.

At the first sign of bad behavior, you have to make it crystal clear that there are rules, and that they will abide by them.

It helped that my mother was an elementary school teacher, and that I learned "the look," o_O from her. If she could handle 30 or 40 unruly children, what's one drunk?
shruggy.gif

;) They called me "Sarge." :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank synek

Latest Threads