Conversations.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Hello Hello. What's going on here then?.......Gardeners:) ......Looks like a lot of Conversations:LOL: Has the garden jobs got done while you been Chatting;)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hmm, I'm not sure if I like that feature of XenForo! I didn't get any notifications at all, I suppose the option message did warn me that it would ignore future messages :eek:. Thanks for helping me test this!

It doesn't seem very nice to the person being ignored, does it? :cautious: Then again, if the first person has decided to ignore the other...maybe it's better overall if they don't know!

People are weird. In a forum I visited years and years ago, two members were having private conversations. A casual flirtation, as I understood it. The female member took it way too far, declared undying love, wanted to leave her husband and move to where he was. So he refused to answer her messages.

She went round the bend. :eek: If he mentioned another female member by name in a post, then she would immediately send that person a message. (And there I was, minding my own business....:rolleyes:.)

"I see he said your name...Why won't he talk to me??" :confused: (How would I know?)

"Will you send him a message, and tell him I am sorry?" o_O (No, no I will not.)

"So then you want to be with him? Are you trying to take him?" :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :stop:

;) Could be better if they don't know they're being ignored. :LOL:

I wonder if you can get a message from someone you are ignoring? :unsure:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Who needs soap operas, when you have forums like that :LOL:

I wonder if you can get a message from someone you are ignoring?

Could you try sending a new conversation to me please, just to make sure it hasn't all conversations from you (only that particular one). From what I understand, it essentially mutes that particular conversation, but I just want to make sure (y).

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Oh! What I meant was - if I decide I don't find a person helpful, or just don't like them... if I make someone an ignored member... would they be able to send me a message?

I think we would need someone not the Administrator to help test this. (y) If you want to ignore someone, you can ban them!! :p :LOL:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good point, see if you can find a volunteer to ignore you (or vise versa) and let us know :D.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Ok, I am going to call in @DirtMechanic, he's online right now! :D

DirtMechanic, we are trying to figure out if one member can send a conversation to another member if they have them on ignore.

Will you help? Would you rather be the ignored, or the ignorer? :LOL:

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

It's amazing what a new thread can start by way of discussion MaryMary; I've only been a member of this forum a short while but have made friends through "Conversations". I only ever have conversations on a one to one basis and I never ever play one member off against another; I'm just old fashioned but I do believe in trust and integrity. :)

Yes people can be very weird indeed MaryMary; one of the worst jobs I ever had was as a bus conductor in Wakefield over 40 years ago and this brought me directly into contact with the public. I used to hate the last bus which was usually full of drunks; on one such bus I was having an hard time collecting fares the maximum fare being 12 pence (a bob or a shilling) and the old penny pieces were about the size of a dustbin lid or so it seemed with £50 of these easily taken. I had collected fares on the lower deck and was half way along the upper deck; four youths were together thinking it good to wind me up all four drunk; I had taken fare from three of these but a ginger haired youth seated by the window was the last straw; he started to drop a penny into my hand one by one all the while taking the Mickey thinking he was a big man in front of his chums; well he had dropped about eight into my hand doing so very slowly when he was lifted up the window and across the roof to be nose to nose with me; I politely said "Would you like to try paying your fare again please" and ungratiously dumped him back into his seat; I returned the handful of coins to him and in return he produced a shilling; the entire upper deck of the bus was now suddenly very quiet as I collected the rest of the shillings without another single penny being offered; I'm normally well behaved and peaceful but I don't like drunks and I don't like drunks who think it funny to mess me around. On another bus I was collecting kids from Bradford Grammar School these kids behaving like little snobs; many had bus passes and in turn they quickly thrust the pass to me and withdrew the pass; one kid did this but something looked a bit odd so I asked to please see the pass again; once again a quick thrust and withdrawal of the pass; I explained as conductor of this bus I was fully in charge and this bus wasn't leaving the school until I was satisfied with passes or tendered fares; the pass was three years out of date as were two more passes. Company inspectors visited the kids homes.

Why people can't be kind and play fair puzzles me; if everyone rubbed along peacefully together then the world would be a much better place. (y)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Screenshot_20180119-090046.png

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
OH! I unignored you, but I think I might have to ignore you for a moment longer... Please try it again with my Ms capitalized. I don't know if it matters, but while we're poking it with a stick, we might as well be thorough. :ROFLMAO:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddiehah

Latest Threads