Concorde Pear Tree

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi first time posting here, looking for advice. I am trying to obtain two Concorde Pear Trees. I am located in Portland, OR.
But haven't been able to find any nurseries that sell this or produce this.
I know the pear is available for purchase at my local grocery store and is grown commercially up in Washington.

Any ideas or tips on how to obtain a Concorde Pear Tree for my home garden?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Are you saying the grocery store just doesn't have them right now or you don't want to buy it from them?

I just bought a pear tree from a big box store and it had the nurseries name attached to it. I looked them up and they don't show they even carry that type of pear tree. So call around the nurseries because they may not show them all online.

Have you looked at Craigslist, Lowes, Home Depot?

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
You may have to contact one of the commercial growers you mentioned in Washington. I can't find a single source in the USA for that pear tree even among the big sellers of fruit trees. There are several sources in the UK but no shipping to USA that I have found.

Get the name of a commercial grower and ask them where to buy stock. Don't waste your time at Craigslist, Lowes, Home Depot.

Ask a Question